EDCTM Basic Flashlight
Discontinued - sold August 2004 through October 2006
The EDC Basic flashlight is the leading state-of-the-art pocket flashlight that combines the pioneering electronic, thermal, optical and interface technologies from the Action Light series into a pocket-sized flashlight to create this best-of-class everyday carry flashlight. You get the elegance of multiple brightness settings without the additional customization capabilities of the EDC Ultimate. The light is so small you can carry it with you wherever you go while at the same time having the output associated with a much larger flashlight.
The EDC Basic flashlight is available in 6 different models:
|EDC Basic 42 - 42 lumens maximum output.
|EDC Basic 42 GT - 42 lumens maximum output with guaranteed tint. This flashlight is for those who must have the absolute whitest white in output tint. These are the whitest LEDs manufactured. We guarantee the color of these LEDs will lie close to the Planckian black body radiator line in the range of 0.30 to 0.33 on the x-coordinate on the CIE-1931 Chromaticity Diagram.
|EDC Basic 42 XR - 42 lumens maximum output with extended runtime. This flashlight provides a 50% longer minimum runtime at 42 lumens than the standard model.
|EDC Basic 42 XR GT - 42 lumens maximum output with extended runtime and guaranteed tint. This flashlight combines the features of the EDC Basic 42 XR and the EDC Basic 42 GT into a single flashlight.
|EDC Basic 60 - 60 lumens maximum output.
|EDC Basic 60 LE - 60 lumens maximum output. This flashlight is for law enforcement individuals who prefer to have the light turn on to the Maximum output setting by default.
The EDC Basic flashlights provides the following features:
- Your choice of 42 or 60 lumens maximum output - the world's smallest tactical brightness LED flashlight. 4 brightness settings
- Fully regulated settings for constant brightness. Gracefully steps down to lower brightness levels to extend dying batteries
- Simple, intuitive single-button interface allows single-click On/Off. Additional brightness settings are quickly accessible
- 8 hours constant output on the Primary setting (10 lumens) using a single lithium CR123A battery. 20 minute minimum runtime on Maximum setting
- Ultra clear coated glass lens for maximum light output and improved scratch resistance. Optional polycarbonate lens
- Machined aerospace aluminum case with military hard anodize finish
- Will not damage rechargeable batteries. We highly recommend rechargeable lithium-ion batteries
- Reverse battery protection without diode power penalty
- Intrinsically safe and explosion-proof configuration
- Full thermal management - cannot overheat or get excessively hot
- Waterproof to 2 atmospheres
- Pocket clip and optional lanyard ring
- Dimensions: Ø 25.4mm x 82mm (Ø 1" x 3.2")
- Weight: 86g (3oz)
We have made selecting the brightness you need so convenient you will not be afraid to use a lower brightness setting for most of your tasks. When the light is on, just press and hold the button to get the maximum brightest - any time. As a result, your batteries last many times longer than they did before.
Improvements over the Arc4 and Arc4X Flashlight
We have made the following improvements from the Arc4 and Arc4X flashlights:
- Increased calibrated light output from 30 lumens (Arc4) or 42 lumens (Arc4X) to 60 lumens.
- Increased power supply output and efficiency for the brighter settings
- Four brightness settings with a latching maximum brightness setting
- Removed battery length sensitivity and potential for intermittent connection
- All new robust switch design, reduced button profile, button guard
- Ultra clear coated glass lens for maximum light output and improved scratch resistance
EDC Basic Flashlight User's Guide (PDF)
EDC Basic Flashlight Quick Start (PDF)
Specifications are subject to change without notice.