The light that gets you homeSM
Discontinued - V1 sold January 2009 through December 2010
Discontinued - V2 sold July 2009 through December 2010
The EDC Clicky family of flashlights, also known as the Ra Clicky family of flashlights included the EDC Executive (120, 140, 170 lumens), EDC Tactical (120, 140, 170 lumens), EDC High CRI (100 lumens) and EDC IR (400mW) flashlights. The high CRI light offered a color rendering index of about 93. The 120 lumen models were sold under the name of Ra Every Day Carry while the other models were sold under the name of Ra Clicky. The Ra Every Day Carry lights always used V1 firmware while the Ra Clicky lights switched to V2 firmware.
The big difference between the V1 and V2 models is in the handling of the brightness menu. In V1, the menu scrolled while the button was held down. In V2, the menu worked as it had in the EDC Ultimate, which is the same as the option menu.
A run of Titanium Clicky lights was offered in July 2009, all of which were V2.
Custom lights were also offered, allowing customers to mix and match bezels, lenses, LED and flux, presets and button styles.
Baked on ceramic coatings of many colors were also offered. Colors included safety orange, desert tan, white, olive drab and dark earth.
All V1 and V2 models are characterized by serial numbers below 20,000 and 24TPI "V" threads. All parts within these models are interchangeable.
The EDC Clicky flashlight provides the following features:
- 4 preset brightness settings. Executive: maximum output, 35, 12 and 0.3 lumens. Tactical: tactical strobe, maximum output, 12 and 0.3 lumens and momentary from off. The High CRI and IR models use the Executive presets. The brightness settings and the turn-on setting may be customized for special missions.
- 1.25 hour typical runtime on High setting from single CR123 battery. Higher output models are more efficient.
- Elegant single button interface has proven to be simple and very popular.
- Sealed gold-plated switch for maximum reliability starting in early 2010. Prior lights used an unsealed dome.
- Constant brightness through constant power regulation.
- Graceful low battery warning.
- Designed for both regular lithium batteries and rechargeable
Li-ion batteries. Protects rechargeable batteries from over-discharge.
- Full thermal management.
- Potted electronics for the ultimate in reliability under
- Anti-damage battery compartment protects battery under extreme conditions.
- Nearly unbreakable ultra clear glass lens with anti-reflective coatings.
- Aerospace aluminum protected with black military Type 3 hard anodize. Stainless steel crenelated bezel.
- Flush button.
- Customizations include turn-on setting, momentary operation, automatic shut-off, button lock, locator flash. Output settings can include burst output, tactical strobe, emergency strobe signaling and emergency SOS signaling or any brightness level.
- Reverse battery polarity protection without diode power penalty.
- Pocket clip. Early models used bolt-on bezel up clip (silver and black colors). Later models in mid 2010 used a bezel down carry, black.
- Water resistance: 2 atmospheres (20m or 66 feet of water) - static.
- Dimensions: Ø 25.4mm x 95mm (Ø 1" x 3.75").
- Weight: 100g (3.5oz) including battery.
- Input voltage: 1.8V to 4.5V.
Ra Clicky Executive Flashlight User's Guide V1 (PDF)
Ra Clicky Tactical Flashlight User's Guide V1 (PDF)
EDC Clicky Flashlight User's Guide V2 (PDF)